Thursday, September 28, 2006

Emotions

Laughter
-Cannon kept saying "That's in-ting", and I thought he was saying "That's itching". Couldn't quite understand why the truck and the sign and the tv show was itchy to him. Finally figured out he was saying "That's interesting". I laughed for a while.
Confusion
-I don't understand the lymphatic system. I don't get the differences between a humoral and cell-mediated immune response. B cells and T cells are a mystery to me. I think I'm going to have to accept that I am not going to get an A in anatomy.
Frustration
-I swear I just cleaned the house, top to bottom, not that long ago. How does it get to this state of disarray in a matter of days? How does the dog lose so much fur and not go bald? How does Cannon miss the toilet by so much? How hard is it for someone besides me to notice the disaster and do something about it?
Jealousy
-Some family members are running a marathon this weekend and I can barely waddle through 3 miles, most of which I'm in pain for. I am so looking forward to St. George next year and running hard and feeling the good kind of sore for days after.
Happiness
-Stopped by McDonalds today for ice cream. Mmmm, tasty.
Letting Go
-Emme has been a princess every year for Halloween. Every year. This year we went to the store and she decided she wants to be a witch. When I tried to cajole her into a beautiful princess costume, she said she knew I wanted her to be a princess, and she would do it for me. I caved, disappointed in myself and the pressure I put on her. She is going to be a beautiful witch.
Hanging On
-Chance went for a yearly checkup today. It is hard to talk to the doctor about him while he is in the room. I asked Chance later if he understood what the doctor and I were talking about. He said yes, that we were talking about him and his disabilities. I hugged him for a long time. Life used to be less complicated.

1 comment:

Erin-lou said...

I have a patho book that you can borrow that has pretty good (in depth) discriptions of cellular immunity. I know all this sucks, but one day it will get better. If you ever need help, Im good at making fluff up.