Tuesday, September 19, 2006

Yes, it's a BABY

Today I ran into a friend at Chevron that I don't see very often. Ever since our wards split, we just don't see much of each other. Which is okay, because she wasn't a really good friend, just someone I would see on Sundays and small talk with. Anyways, she looks at me and asks if I'm expecting. I say yes and she tells me she is too. She asks me when I'm due and I say in 7 weeks. "7 weeks! You're freakin kidding me!" she yells, a little too loudly for the Chevron crowd. Apparently, I do not look like I'm in my third trimester, because she is the third person this week who has asked me if I'm pregnant and been shocked at my answer that, yes, in fact I'm due in a month and a half. I just can't believe these people haven't noticed. In fact, one girl on Sunday told me she thought I might just be gaining weight, which makes me wonder who else thinks I'm getting fat. I need to get one of those shirts Mom had, with the word BABY on it and an arrow pointing down. Of course, I should've started wearing it months ago. I can't wait for the people who haven't paid attention at all to ask me whose baby I'm holding a few weeks from now.

No comments: