Wednesday, September 13, 2006

It has been observed that perhaps I comment a bit too much on the negative side of my life. For that, I apologize. I will try to find positive and uplifting things to write about...
Today I was 15 minutes late picking up my children because I desperately wanted a chocolate ice cream cone from Micky D's. I knew I wasn't going to have enough time to navigate the extra four miles, a double laned drive-thru, and still get to the school by 11:15am. But there I was, speeding down the road, willing time to slow down just long enough to spend 75 cents, on my debit card no less because the childrens' allowances are eating up all my loose change.
Now a good mother would forgo herself in order to prevent inconviencing her dear children. I am not a good mother, and I will never profess to be one. I am just trying as best I can to hopefully raise children who are not little heathens and turn out to be productive members of society. Or at the very least, business majors. I mean, anybody can be one of those.
I hope someday when my little dears read this they don't resent me for making them stand out in the heat, staring intently down the road, waiting for the maroon minivan to show. I also hope they don't notice the chocolate mustache and McDonald's napkins I hide in the drivers side pocket.

6 comments:

liz said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
liz said...

i had a typo

I couldn't be a biz major if my life depended upon it (couldn't pass econ!).

So, really, anybody but liz. ;-)

Rachael said...

Thanks for making me laugh out loud. The odd glares from people around was worth it.

Melony said...

Oh Liz, I could never be a business major either. I was poking fun at my brother. Maybe if the kids did turn out to be in the business, they would take care of Mike and I in our old age. Probably not if they found out about the covert ice cream runs.

PassTheChips said...

Which brother? You have two that studied business. Probably Richard. You're always making fun of him. I'm never made fun of. I'm much too serious.

liz said...

I figured it was sarcasm, but wanted the world to know I failed Econ.