Friday, September 15, 2006

Meat

At the risk of sounding like a certain sister we all know and love, I am going to be bragging about my significant other.
Today I could not get enough to eat. Actually, it was the type of food I was jonesing for. I did not want any fruit, cheese wouldn't do, and even a handful of marshmallows and chocolate chips didn't cut it. I needed meat. Like a big fat slab of ribs, or a rotisserie chicken. Unfortunately, we were out of those items in the fridge. And unfortunately, I could not go get any due to the fact that today was a 'friends day' for the kids. So here I was, stuck at home, kids everywhere, and hungry, seriously hungry for some protein.
And then my husband calls, telling me he's on his way home. "Can I bring you anything?" he asks. Not unless he's got a big piece of meat on him, I say;) No, don't worry about it, I'll be okay.
A couple hours later he shows with a few bags of groceries. Rib eye steaks, baby back ribs, rotisserie chicken, pickles, ice cream, and a Diet Dr. Pepper. I was in heaven. This is his love language. He doesn't say it all that often unless I make him, but he does these cute things that I don't ask for or expect that tells me he loves me. Some men might buy jewelry, some men wash dishes, mine brings home meat. I am a lucky woman.

2 comments:

Beka said...

well aren't we the little T-Rex!

Melony said...

Dude, you have no idea. Just wait.