Wednesday, September 20, 2006

Girl Girl Girl Girl

So I went to the store yesterday to buy the items I need to make baby announcements. Some plain white cards and envelopes, cardstock, ribbon. I was feeling pretty proud of myself, in that I am planning ahead. As I stood and mulled over the ribbon selection, holding a few in my hand, I realized that I was having a GIRL, something I apparently had forgotten. I needed to put all the blue, green, and brown ribbon down. I looked around to see if anyone saw me, as I'm sure I turned bright red. I cannot believe I forgot the gender of my child. How does one forget something like that? I mean, I had even envisioned how they would look for a couple of days prior to the incident at the store, all cute and blue. I hope my forgetfulness isn't a genetically dominant gene. My poor children, they would have no hope at all.

3 comments:

liz said...

that's hilarious! brown would still be cute- I can't wait to see how they look.

Beka said...

you should do brown and pink! oh i can see them now. brown cardstock with a pink polka dot ribbon. even add a splash of lime green! CUTE!!

sorry.....the mesa mormon just came out in me.

Melony said...

I actually did pick out a perfectly cute pink, brown and white ribbon, after my momentary lapse. I cannot wait to start them. It's okay Beka, I know how you feel. I think I'm destined to be a Molly. One thing's for sure, I'll never be as cool as Liz.