Wednesday, September 27, 2006

Arrr Matey

So Cannon wants to be a pirate for Halloween, although I'm not sure where it came from. Have we watched some pirate show recently that I can't recall? Anyways, we went to the store yesterday to pick up a pirate accessory set, complete with hat, hook, patch, and earring. He also said he needed a moustache, a Captain Hook variety. We had seen a costume in a magazine that included one, and of course, he was hooked. I, feeling that $5 could be better spent, declined to buy him the fake moustache and instead said we would draw one on. As we are leaving the store he puts on his gear, earring included, and says Arr Matey! Cute, cute, cute. I smile as we go into a couple more stores, and he walks around like a pirate hooking things and trying to keep his hat on. When we get home, he informs me that he wants his moustache now. I tell him that we will do it for Halloween, not everyday prior. A few minutes later he walks down the stairs with a gigantic black moustache drawn under his nose. I ask him what he used and he tells me a marker, a black Sharpie marker. I snatch him up and frantically try to wash off the permentness of Sharpie from his round little face. After his face was rubbed bright raw and most of the black was gone, I informed him that we don't use markers on faces, only on paper. And I promised when the time came, Mommy would draw a moustache on with special makeup. He hopped down and went back to being a pirate, sans moustache. It was hard to not laugh, and I was sad to not get a picture. However, the immediacy of the situation required fast action, before the black had time to set. Imagine if you will this picture, Cannon with a black pirate hat, black frayed vest, gold earring, eyepatch with skull and crossbones, silver hook, and a moustache about 8 inches long right under his nose. I wish you all could've seen it.

1 comment:

liz said...

i will laugh about this for a few minutes. cannon is so awesome. that's hilarious.