Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Bloodbath


This is my sweet boy, just an hour after he donated some of his precious blood to the pflebotomist. He has been scarred for life. Seriously for life. Here is a list of things he said before the fact:
  • Where are we going Mom?
  • Is this doctor for you or for me or for Emme?
  • I want to get ice cream after we're done.
  • Why is that little girl crying?
  • What are they doing to Emme?
  • What's going to feel like a bee sting?
Here is a list of some of the things he said after the fact:

  • MY ARM!!! IT HURTS SO BAD!!
  • AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH! STOP IT STOP IT STOP IT! (As he tried to rip the needle out of his arm and out of the hands of the tech)
  • I DON'T EVER WANT TO GO THERE AGAIN!! (Loud enough for the entire office to hear)
  • I CAN'T MOVE MY ARM!!
  • I CAN'T HOLD MY ICEE!
  • I CAN'T GO TO SCHOOL NOW!!
  • OH NO, I CAN'T PLAY GAME CUBE NOW!!
  • MY ARM MY ARM MY ARM!

This continued for an hour and a half. No one was allowed to touch his arm, not even to look at it. And he really freaked out when Emme took off her arm bandaid. I think he thought blood was going to come squirting out everywhere. That kid. It was so sad and pathetic, that it was quite funny. Poor poor Cannon.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Are you guys still sick? Why did they need to give blood, or are you just starting them early...

Melony said...

Not sick, thank goodness, just checking for celiac. Hopefully it's negative, I'll keep you posted. I really didn't do him justice, he reacted way worse than I was able to convey. WAY worse. I smile just thinking about it. Poor kid.

Michelle said...

I have gone back and forth trying to decide whether to have my kids tested but don't want to go through what you did. Did they have symptoms?

Melony said...

MIchelle I will have a whole post on that coming up soon. Make sure you don't eat while reading it, as it'll be a tad ummm, graphic.