Thursday, October 05, 2006

Topics of conversation

The thing I love most about running is having someone to run with. Sure, I enjoy the athletic endeavor, getting my heartrate up, being able to eat junk. But without someone to run with, I'm not sure I would be very consistent. This morning was a great run. I always run better when I have something to talk about that isn't pointless, and I run especially well when I am mad. Today's topic was my crappy midterm grade. And for my running buddy, it was the possibilities of the future. Good stuff. It was a good day to be up at 5am.

Other topics we've dissected
People who drive us crazy
Politics, but only a few times
Buying toy weapons for kids
School teachers who suck
Family members and their problems
Husbands
Lack of money, many times
People who are dumb
Children's friends whom we don't like
Future running goals
Weight loss, or lack of
Pregnancy
Adoption
Music, books, and movies
What we ate the day before

If you have any topics that would be of interest to two middle-aged boring moms, please let me know.

2 comments:

PassTheChips said...

You're not middle-aged yet. You have 24 days to go.

Other topics:

- Why some things about The Church are completely whack.

- Why other things about The Church are pretty cool.

- Netflix lists and ratings.

- What did this land look like 10 years ago?

- Older brothers who you have a love/hate relationship with.

- Younger brothers who still bear marks from your wrath.

Rachael said...

People who are dumb aren't the people that drive you crazy?

Other topics:
- What you are putting in a care package for a younger sibling who lives far away.

- The decline of today's public schools.

- What kind of instruments you want your kids to play.

- People who suck.

- People who you wouldn't mind throwing off a cliff.

- Things you would like to do if you had time. (Make homemade pie. Quilting. Have a tupperware party.)