Friday, October 20, 2006

Grades, Kids, and Treats

It's official, I'm done with my Microbiology class and I'm pretty sure I'm a few points away from a B. Now, my husband would say something to the effect of, "Doesn't it bother you that if you had just turned in that one assignment, you could've gotten a B? Or even if you had just studied a little harder for the final? " (It's the teacher in him and I forgive him for it.) I convinced myself yesterday that I did not care that much about it. I do not like Microbiology, I find it completely uninteresting, and I am just glad to be done. But I woke up this morning with a sick feeling in my stomach, 10 points away from a B. And I haven't gotten a C in college that I can remember, (unless you count the Art History class I took straight out of high school over at MCC with my sister and I don't think we showed up very often for it.) Since it is an online class, I can't convince the instructor to give me a little boost for participation and hard work. They go strictly by points. I'm was considering using the whole pregnancy thing, hoping to maybe get a break, but I feel dirty all over just thinking about it. So I will accept my grade and try to come to terms with the fact that I could have done better. Oh well.

In other news, no baby yet but my doc told me if she's not here by the first of November, they'll induce. That's only a week and a half away. I can't wait to see her, and I also can't wait to go running again.

We bought Chance a costume, an expensive Star Wars clone trooper costume. I almost said no, but the thought of having to homemake a costume nudged me into a yes. He loves it and I don't have to try to figure out how to duplicate General Grievous.

Cannon has loved having his brother and sister home all week due to fall break. He's quite adept at entertaining himself when they're at school, doing puzzles, playing with cars, reading books, watching Curious George. But it's been adorable to see how much he looks up to his siblings, following them everywhere and wanting to be involved with everything they are doing. I hope he's as patient with his baby sister.

Finally, rice krispy treats are more addicting than crack. My mother-in-law made some for me yesterday, I'm sure assuming I would share with the family. The pan is almost gone and I don't intend to let anyone else in on them. Let them eat Chips Ahoy, this treat's for me.

1 comment:

liz said...

go melanie go! amy just called we are all excited! I wish I could cheer you on!!! but not really in the hospital room, more like from a speaker that led into the room but you know what I mean.

home stretch!!!!! woot woot!