Thursday, October 12, 2006

Ready, Set, ...Stop

I am ready. Up until a few days ago, namely Sunday, I was not even close to being ready. But here I am, a few short days later, waiting impatiently for this baby. Why, you might ask, am I so impatient when she's not even due for another 4 weeks? That would be because of all the painful contractions I've been having for 5 days. 5 days of thinking, is this it?
I started by picking up the girls' room, putting away all the baby clothes and blankets in the shelves Mike built last weekend. I even hung stuff on the walls. It now looks official.
I then took the cleaning to the other rooms upstairs. I put random things away, cleaned out drawers, organized toys and books. Downstairs got the same treatment. I put together the baby swing, put the carseat in the car along with the stroller, wrote and sent all my thank yous, finished my homework early, stocked the freezer with pizzas, chicken fingers and french fries, packed her bag, packed my bag, had the carpets cleaned, and brushed the dog. I am ready.
And the contractions have all but stopped.
Dang.

3 comments:

PassTheChips said...

You're pregnant??

Melony said...

Did we forget to tell you?
By the way, we like the name Mikel for a middle. You can say she's named after you.

Beka said...

wow only four weeks left... it feels like just 4 months ago you were telling me you were preggers...oh wait that is true. Thats probably why it went so fast.