Thursday, January 11, 2007

Precious


I don't remember much of what was said at church, and I have very few pictures. But I do know with a complete certainty that you were meant to be in our family.
You were perfectly asleep, unlike your brother Cannon who cried during his entire blessing.
I don't remember much of Chance and Emme's blessings. If anyone has any memories they would be willing to share, I'd appreciate it. I've been racking my brain, unable to fathom that it's been so long since they were born that I've lost those memories.
I made Emme's dress, and I remember that we forgot to take pictures of her in it and had to do so a week later. I remember Dad had something wrong with his foot and had to wear Teva's to church. My 500 square foot house was packed with people afterwards, and Chance was running around outside, filthy dirty. Mike and Liz left soon after for New York.
I remember shopping with my mom for an outfit for Chance the day before because I had forgotten to get him anything to wear. He wore the same outfit in the temple a few days later when we were sealed. He cried the whole time on the altar. He was only 4 weeks old.
I remember that Nick left for his mission a few days after we blessed Cannon. It was a great testimony meeting, almost as good as his farewell. I remember Mike and I fought over who was going to take Chance up, because he wanted to go. Mike lost.
I wish many times that I had kept a journal of some sort for the past ten years. There are so many things I have forgotten. Now I can relate to my own mother when she can't remember what happened or to whom it happened to. Apparently, the fogginess of motherhood is genetic.

2 comments:

Beka said...

That picture is beautiful Mel. She looks like a glass doll!

liz said...

wow that is an amazing picture! she is so cute.