Saturday, February 24, 2007

30

It seems that everytime I step away from the computer, I come up with fabulous ideas for posts. But as soon as I sit in front of my screen, my mind is a blank. Isn't memory loss the first thing to go? Speaking of age, I spent the morning with girls in their early 20's, cute girls with no wrinkles and not one single strand of grey. As I wistfully admired them, one of them said that she couldn't wait to be older. What for, I thought? But as I pondered that statement, I decided that being in my early 30's has its rewards. And here they are:

Reasons I like being 30
  • I am already done having children
  • I don't worry about what other people think of me, mostly
  • I can buy clothes that are comfortable, usually in the missus department
  • I don't always have to have my hair and makeup done, in fact I hardly ever do
  • I can drive a minivan without shame
  • My husband is done with school and has a real job (the college, not the pizza)
  • I have been through enough rocky spots in my marriage to appreciate the smooth sailing
  • I don't worry about needing a tan, and try to prevent it at all costs
  • It's normal for someone of my age to have hips, and saggy boobs, and saddlebags
  • I can buy clothes for my kids at Target instead of Baby Gap without feeling guilty
  • I can go to bed early and wake up early without missing anything
  • This is the age my children will remember me as

I'm sure I could think of more if given more time. I'm excited for my 30's, excited to appreciate all life has to offer for this next decade. Besides, it's not like I'm 40.

No comments: