Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Helmet hair

Rachael-if you haven't read my previous post, the first paragraph's for you.

*******

I don't know why I feel the need to post TWO DAYS IN A ROW. But I had to share.

Whilst I was driving yesterday, my car window broke. There I was, scootering home when the driver's side door window fell. Just fell, fell into the schist of the door, gone, gone. I pondered the repercussions.



It was going to get very windy. And very hot. And very loud.

What were the necessary errands I couldn't put off until my prof could take a look, ie. hopefully fix it? I would have to take my beloved niece home later. Dang, that's an hour round trip. The children were being carpooled, good, good. I would have to run the princess to piano. And back home. Luckily it's a few blocks away. That's it. No big deal, this I can handle.



I was surprisingly optimistic. Glass half full, for sure.



Unfortunately I discounted exactly how greasy my face and hair were going to get. It is like riding on the back of a motorcycle, something I haven't done since my dearest sold his per my insistence (he hasn't forgotten his first love, the Shadow). So pretty much anywhere I show up, until it gets fixed, I will be looking a tad disheveled and in need of a good cleansing. Sorry.



Maybe I'll get a helmet. Can you see it now? My minivan full of children and me, sporting a helmet. My husband always thought I'd make a great biker babe.

4 comments:

Beka said...

Maybe a hat would work, instead of you know, a helmet! Or maybe a headband. Or maybe a helmet is the way to go, I would laugh non stop. Speaking of laughing non stop, I laughed for a good 10 more minutes after you called me last night about Em's list. I could barely tell Brandon.

Anonymous said...

I feel for you. My passenger window broke before Christmas of last year and got fixed in April. Then in June on the way up to the mountain, McDonalds parking lot in Globe to be exact the driver window broke. With that still broken, three weeks ago the driver side in the back seat broke....... I got the drivers window fixed, but the back is still needing a piece. Packing tape works great... don't use duct tape it leaves a heck of a mess afterward, but if you must goof off is the way to go, but you will need a mask because it stinks up the car. Good Luck. Now that you have had a lesson on Redneck Window Repair 101.

Rachael said...

hooray for posts!

PassTheChips said...

Em's list? Please share.

And even if you don't drive around with a helmet on, could you do a photo op with one on?