Tuesday, October 16, 2007

In other news...


Do you see these dogs here?
The large lab is Coda. We've had him for 2+ years now.
He's a pretty good dog, for a dog.
The one thing I can't stand about him is the excessive amount of fur that I find all over my tile floor all the live-long day. And of course, the whole digging up my trees issue. Other than that, pretty swell dog. Again, for a dog.
My dearest pretty much sold his soul for the other one there. His name is George. He's half coon hound half mutt.
Having a new puppy around the house has caused me to look at Coda in a whole new light. He's a great dog, who doesn't chew anything inside the house,
who doesn't whine or beg,
who doesn't have accidents,
who slept soundly in his crate for over a year.
We trained him to not walk on the carpet,
and he does pretty well on a leash.
I've even taken him running with me a few times, and he stays by my side.
The newest puppy George, is a pretty good dog too.
Only he hasn't learned to stay out of the carpeted areas yet.
And he nibbles Claire's ears.
And he whines at night in his crate.
And he chews anything left on the ground.
And he digs around my trees!
The only good thing about him is he hasn't had an accident inside yet.
But he is cute and Coda does seem to like him, most of the time. I guess, like children, you can't have just one dog. Or so my husband says.
He'd retort I'm sure, but he's pretty much busy for the next year on my honey-do list.

4 comments:

Angelsineveryone(Brandon) said...

The out-laws are breaking down the genetic fuller dog hatred! One by one you are seeing the light and may the lord bless you for it:)

Rachael said...

Aww cute. I've discussed on many occasions how I like animals. As long as I don't live with them. And as long as immediately after petting them I can guarantee a place to wash my hands. But I'm glad Coda has a friend now. And I'm glad you are helping to break down the no-animal barrier on behalf of the rest of our family.

Pedaling said...

ooohhh,, I love dogs. Yours are adorable!
i love your recipe blog.

PassTheChips said...

The Fullers love animals. They are delicious.