Friday, April 27, 2007

Nearsighted

The princess is blind. Or at least very nearsighted, according to the opthomologist. 20/175 in one eye, 20/150 in the other. At first I felt terrible that we didn't recognize this before, but the good doc told me that eyesight in a child can change very quickly. She might have just recently become blind. Inside I felt badly though, because I honestly thought she was telling the teacher she couldn't see the board just because she wanted to move away from the boys she was surrounded by.

As it turns out she was telling the truth.

We ordered some glasses for her. Flexon of some sort, in a purpley color. They come in in 7-10 business days. I'll post a picture as soon as I get them. She looks adorable in them.

And now she can see.

Can you imagine what life must be like, to go from fuzzy to clear?

2 comments:

liz said...

good thing kids don't drive until they are 16!

I can't wait to see how cute she looks in them.

Rachael said...

When I first got my glasses, I would often forget to put them on before school since I had gone so long without them. Also, warn the princess that she will get major headaches from wearing them at first. And that sometimes it's a good idea to take them off and rest her eyes. At least at the beginning.