Wednesday, April 25, 2007

kill.the.gluten


So I've had this celiac thing going on for the last 5 or so years. It was a huge deal at first. I went through all the stages of greiving for my lost Krispy Kremes. Denial, Anger, Denial some more. Since I never got really sick from eating gluten, it was hard for me to stay on the diet. Plus, gluten free food is pricey, and we were on a strict grocery budget. Besides, who wants to make a delicious dinner for the family, and then go eat a bowl of rice.


Yuck.


But I've learned over the years many tricks to eating well and eating gluten free. Exchanging this for that. Investing in rice flour. The value of a good box of gf brownies and how to hide them from everyone else. Drinking a lot of Diet Dr. Pepper.


So this site, which was the brainchild of my sis-in-law, Liz, has recipes and pictures of what we eat. Nothing too fancy, although I do have some killer recipes that are worth the work. We just thought it would be fun to share with you that you can eat a gluten free diet and not starve. Will some of the foods taste a little different? Sure. Will you still miss those Krispy Kreme? Of course. But they don't sell them in Arizona anymore anyways.


Enjoy.


2 comments:

Liz said...

and I have to say- you are such a natural at putting food together, it's like yo uwere born to blog about it for the rest of us! You are doing such an awesome job with posts and ideas, I am so lucky to learn from you!!!

see you at KTG

The Empty Nesters said...

News Flash! Krispy Kreme is opening a new store in Arizona -- near Superstition Springs. Isn't that just down the road from you?