Thursday, March 01, 2007

Family


This is my all time favorite family picture. There's not much in the way of competition, as we haven't had one taken in years. In fact the last one was before Cannon was born 5 years ago. But even so, this picture captures the essence of my family.
It was a ridiculously cold morning, the first day of the new year. The kids were freezing and I of course, forgot to bring coats. So we sat in the car and waited for our turn. Getting the little ones to smile was a trial. Cannon was done after a couple minutes, his hands in his pockets, looking down, not wanting to smile, shivering. I kept wrapping up Claire in her blanket in between poses, her fingers turning blue. Chance had his fake Grandpa Fuller smile going on, while Emme played up to the crowd.
When I was growing up we used to have a family picture taken every year. Every year we would pile in the car and head out to Sears to be immortalized with bad hair. When I was very little, I remember we would go to Bob's Big Boy afterwards. It was quite a treat, as we hardly ever went out to eat. I don't know how my mom did it, with all those kids to get picture ready. But I understand why. And I wish I had more family pictures.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love it. Family pictures area must, I can't tell you how many we take a year. They just make me so happy, I can look at them and remember perfectly things that were happening at that time. SO cute, your youngest boy looks so much like a Fuller, I can't believe it! 2 boys and 2 girls, perfect!

Beka said...

I love that picture! Your family is so beautiful.

liz said...

i love that one!

did you have to ask her about posting it or just save it on the sly? I have been meaning to ask her about getting some of ours digitally so I could put them up- share your secrets, please!

p.s. what's the deadline to order paper prints?

Melony said...

I figured that since mom was ordering it on CD, it'd be okay to post. Ask mom about ordering. I know she just did it, or was about to or something.
Do you think it's wrong to post it before I actually have it? Now I feel guilty.

liz said...

not wrong- i just did the same thing

Nick said...

Mike is winking at the girl taking the picture. Lets jump him! jk