Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Ummmm, what?

Today when I called a friend of mine, her husband answered.

"May I speak with _______," I asked, customer-service-like politely.

"She's had a rough morning and is taking a nap right now," says husband.

Here's where it got dicey. Don't ask me why I said this, it just came out.

"Well, when she's aroused, could you have her call me?" asked I.

Uncomfortable Pause ensues.

"Suuurrrre," he finally answers.

I hang up the phone and wonder, well, that didn't sound right.

And then I flush red and my mouth gapes open. Aroused?!! I said aroused, to her husband. I told her husband to call me when his wife was aroused. AROUSED!

And I'm sure he will never look at me the same again.

(for the record, I meant to say 'when she arises' or 'when she rouses'. I just combined them into one sentence.)

2 comments:

Beka said...

haha that's awesome! Now you know how I feel 99% of the time.

Example:

One time all of brandons family went to dairy queen for someones birthday. When we noticed that there was car on fire in the parking lot across the street. Of course Sean, brandons brother, got up and started running to the car to see if anyone was hurt (FYI he is a EMT). When I said, in front of his mom, b, and Jana (seans wife),

"what his he doing?! Does he think he has a HOSE in his pants?!"

I pretty much died!

PassTheChips said...

What would really be awkward is if she actually called you back when she was aroused.