Thursday, June 07, 2007

What time is it? Like I know...

Schedule, schmedule.
This summer has turned us upside down with things to do that were not previously taken into account. Like, swim meets, which last 4 hours at least once a week in the blazing hot sun to watch your child spend all of 2 minutes in the pool.

And fun swim time, because we can't count the practicing that occurs first thing in the morning. That's more like work, although I would kill to get that kind of time and coaching in the pool. Do they have swim teams for grown ups? I would totally join.

And of course feeding baby time, which is like a revolving door nowadays. It seems like as soon as I'm done nursing, she is eating baby food. And then is back to nursing. And then baby food. all. day. long. I pray it's just a growth spurt.

There's also the trips to grandma's house that take up entire days. Those weren't scheduled in either, but are a necessity when grandma needs help with some drapes and I have nothing planned for dinner. It also gives me a good reason to stop in at the QT for a large soda pop filled with the softest, crunchiest ice I've seen. Besides Sonics' of course, Kristy.

And then there's all the driving time I've been doing getting from one place to the next. How do you schedule in driving time? Would that be categorized as rest time, because the kids all get to fall asleep, or chore time, because that's what it feels like to me.

Those five things basically sum up what I've been doing this entire week. That's it. I've accomplished hardly anything else. The dishes are getting done, although not in a timely manner. We try to pick up the downstairs before we leave for our many errands. And I make sure to shower, although sometimes it's not until very late in the day.

I couldn't even stick with a schedule for one week. I don't understand people who can. How do they do it? Am I really that disorganized? Or is my life to CHAOTIC!, (aka. Britney Spears and Kevin Federline's home movie) (thanks Megan for pointing that one out for me). Perhaps I am a square peg trying to fit into a round hole. Perhaps I'm just not ever going to be that organized and I just need to stop trying. Perhaps I should take a page from the book of Courtney and relish in the spontaneity of summer.

Looks like that's where I'm headed anyways, I might as well enjoy it.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm chuckling, that's the only way I can describe it. I totally get everything you are saying, and maybe I am chuckling nervously because I am headed there, full speed ahead (today was the last day of school). So all I can say is enjoy your ice, and think about all the other moms who are out there at that very moment doing the same Chaotic things you are! (Are you in Phx? If so, we could totally let our kids go crazy together someday while we munch and drink and laugh and forget about schedules all together!)

Beka said...

I can't believe you refrenced britney spears. I thought I was reading tmz.com for a second!

Megan said...

I love reading your blog! You are so stinking funny! I want your permission to add you to my blog but I have already done it.... so thanks!

Melony said...

Kristy-wow, I totally suck at checking my blog! Let's get together for sure. I'll send you an email.