Friday, June 29, 2007

Summer Fun


So I haven't posted in a while...

What have I been doing, you ask?

Hmmmm....

...Let's see, the kids are out of school...

...I know we're busy doing stuff...

...I just can't remember what it is...

...Something about swimming...

...And eating lunches with Aunties and Grandpa...
...And playing Twister...
...And hide and go seek...
...And eating ice cream...

...And lots and lots of swimming...

...We need to invest in a pool...

What else is there to do during an Arizona summer?

This is a picture of what happens to my dearies when we spend hours in the pool. You can't tell but it's still light outside. Yes you heard me, Light Out Side. I believe it was 7:45pm. And they all crashed. What a wonderful sight. Kiddies so exhausted from summer fun that even the idea of staying awake long enough to get upstairs is dismissed as the couch beckons to them to lie in it's cushieness.
I almost don't even mind carrying them up the stairs to their beds. But then I remember that they are much too big for that, whew!, when did they get so stinking heavy? But don't worry, I hold their hands as I lead them to their bedrooms and safely tuck a blanket around their moppy haired heads, because summer is much too short to spend worrying about how their hair looks. In fact, I would almost say that my princess is about to sport dreadlocks. That's what happens when her hair spends most of the day in that funky stage between not really wet but not quite dry. You can't tell in this picture because she, like me, sleeps with a pillow over her head. But I digress...
So this summer has consisted of going from one pool to another, whether it's swim lessons or swim team or just hanging out at Grandma's. My dears are so incredibly tan it's as if we dipped them in chocolate. Even the babe is sporting some color, although we are so careful to slather up the SPF 500 on her brand new skin. Her cheeks are rosy, like her mom's. But it's Chance that has freckled up. I think it's an age thing, he didn't use to.
And so we live, day in and day out. I'm sure there are other things we've been doing, but nothing of real importance. Just reveling in the now.
I'll try to be better about posting, as if you haven't heard that before.
If I can only pull myself away from life...

3 comments:

Liz said...

aw that is so cunny- totally cute they all crashed out.

good post- a perfect journal entry for a slice of life in the now. They will love to look back at this when they are older and you can tell them what fun you made sure they had in the summer.

Liz said...

I meant funny, not cunny.

they will also know when they are older how aunt liz can't spell verry welll.

Anonymous said...

I agree pools are the best for wearing out kids, I am missing having a pool in our backyard while we are here at my mom's. I love how they crash from exhaustion. And the freckle thing totally comes with age, it never hits my kids until they are 5 or 6 at least.