Tuesday, May 08, 2007

Is it over yet?

So the semester is officially over in a few days, and my hubby(I hate that term) will be home for a few weeks to putter around the house until summer school starts up. I know what some of you may be thinking, wow, her husband, being in the school system, gets so many vacations and so much time off, how wonderful.
And it is.
Sometimes.
And sometimes he gives my friends a hard time about how often they call, and do I really spend that much time on the phone? And why am I taking a nap when it's only 9am (ignoring the fact that I've been up since 4:30am, run, showered, made breakfast, packed lunches, nursed and fed a baby, changed diapers, cleaned up breakfast, gotten the kids to school, and all the other things I do before he rolls out of bed) And what's there to eat, do we need to get groceries again? And how often do you go out to lunch with your friends? And where's my pen, who keeps taking my pen, How Am I Supposed To Do Bills Without My Pen?!
I am truly happy to spend so much quality time with the professor. I really, really am. We have a great marriage. But it is based on the fact that he goes to work and I take care of everything else, every thing except bills and laundry that is. I get things done in my own time on my own schedule. And sometimes, when he's around all day, watching my every move, I get a little antsy.
Summer school starts May 29th. Let's count down the days.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can understand what you are saying, and I don't have a husband who is around all the time. You can make it til the 29th! Get him to work on some major home improvement things, and then maybe he won't notice anything else!

Melony said...

I plan on him being outside most days, with frequent trips to home depot. There's yard work to be done! Plus I figure he can babysit while I go out to lunch with my girlfriends.

Anonymous said...

Very nice, maybe your girlfriends can drop their kids off too, I mean if he's watching your kids he should offer it to your friends so you can really enjoy yourselves!

Liz said...

hehehe so funny- that's how it is when mike works from home, only he is stealing MY pen! too funny. nicely written!

On the weekends he makes the bed at 8am sharp cos he can't stand it not made. He doesn't realize (until we works from home) I wait until 4:30pm sharp to make it every single day.

I love that part of being a SAHM- being on my own routine and changing it as I desire. It's nice to know there is still flexibility with so many more people to take care of, so comforting to me! I am worried all my nap time and free routines are over for life with a new one coming.